Cabinet Secretary and the Principal Secretary to the Prime Minister reviewed the status, actions taken and preparedness regarding management and containment of COVID-19 in a high level with Chief Secretaries of States through a video conference, here today. The increase in the number of confirmed cases during the last few days was discussed. The Central Government impressed upon the States the need for urgent and effective interventions.
After detailed discussions, the following decisions were taken:
- State Governments will issue orders allowing only essential services to operate in districts with confirmed COVID-19 cases.
- Establishments/factories engaged in manufacturing and distribution of essential commodities like medicines, vaccines, sanitizers, masks, medical devices, their ancillaries and support services etc., should be exempt from these restrictions.
- State Governments may expand the list depending on their assessment of the situation.
- All train services suspended till 31st March 2020 including sub urban rail services.
- Good trains may continue to operate for facilitating availability of essential commodities.
- All metro rail services suspended till 31st March 2020.
- Interstate passenger transport also to be suspended till 31st Mar 2020.